This tutorial contains informations of how to unlock Blackberry Bold 9930, and works for a lot of network carriers. So, before proceeding to unlock your Blackberry Bold 9930 make sure that it is locked on one of the following networks: Cingular, AT&T, Rogers, Bell, Telus, Virgin, Vodafone UK or Orange. Now let’s see what you have to do in order to unlock Blackberry Bold 9930:
- Go to the specialized website that will generate the Blackberry Bold 9930 unlock code, by clicking here
- Once you get on the website, choose the Blackberry model from the list. You will find Blackberry Bold 9930 listed as “Bold” as all the devices in the list use CDMA network.
- In the “MEID” field, type the MEID code of your Blackberry Bold 9930. You can find the MEID either by going to “Options” > “Status” or you can find it underneath your device’s battery.
- Now press the “Look for Code!” button. This action will take you to a page where you will have to fill-in a form that contains personal information, as well to choose your method of payment.
- After your order is processed and payment is received, you will receive an email with the unlock code for Blackberry Bold 9930, as well as all the detailed information needed to perform the unlock.
Now that you received the unlock code for Blackberry Bold 9930 here’s what you have to do in order to finalize the unlock process. Note that you won’t need a SIM card in order to successfully unlock your Blackberry Bold 9930:
- Go your Blackberry Bold 9930 main menu. Then navigate to “Options” > “Device Settings” > ” Advanced System Settings” > “SIM card”
- There, using your device’s keyboard type “mepd” (not that the you will not be prompted on the screen)
- Then type in “mep2″. A notification screen should appear on the display of your Blackberry Bold 9930
- Insert the the Blackberry Bold 9930 unlock code you received via email